Supporting Our Schools Makes a Real Impact
Pasadena Educational Foundation harnesses the power of our committed community to help to raise between $12 and $15 million dollars a year for the Pasadena Unified School District. Those funds include large government grants, foundation grants, and individual donations, which together help us support myriad essential programs from the large to the small. Some programs are run by PEF, others by PUSD, and still others represent various levels of partnership. From the smallest Friendship Bench to the largest Magnet Program, PEF works with our community partners to impact every student, every school, every day!
With support from our community we:
- Raised millions in grant money for our schools, including the $14.5 million Federal Magnet Grant.
- Helped PUSD to integrate arts education at every grade level through grants from the Rothenberg Art Fund and Tony Bennett’s Exploring the Arts Foundation.
- Piloted the middle school performing arts program, Open Stage serving 300 students at 5 schools with a $79,500 NEA Grant.
- Led 8,000 K-6 grade students on a cultural and artistic journey through 10 of our local world class museums with our My Masterpieces program. PEF was awarded a $20,000 Art Alliance Image Award to help support the My Masterpieces program.
- Expanded early education dance and theatre programs with integrated arts curriculum from PreK through the second grade throughout the district.
- Awarded 136 Teacher Grants to 169 educators including 18 school-wide grants totaling more than $200,000.
- Provided transportation for approximately 300 class field trips for thousands of students through our Field Trip Fund.
- Assisted in securing buses to take every third grader to learn water safety and swimming skills in the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center’s PUSD swim program.
- Bolstered access to vital services and healthy living resources at the new Office of Student and Family Services headquartered at Madison Elementary in the heart of our Northwest Pasadena community.
- Provided scholarships almost 40% of our more than 1,600 Summer Enrichment Program students.
- Distributed more than $50,000 in college scholarships.
- Secured $25,000 to provide summer internship stipends for 130 high school students.
- Supported each school’s Annual Fund efforts which collectively raised over $700,000.
- Developed the nationally recognized Realtor Initiative to partner with our community’s realtors to disseminates accurate information about our public schools.
- Expanded the School-Community Gardens to include 17 beautiful edible gardens and outdoor classrooms, including a master gardener and farm to table programs.
Supported the expansion of athletic programs and facilities including the renovation of Stadium 42, John Muir’s baseball field and a new scoreboard at Blair.
- Developed and incubated inventive STEM programs, such as the App Academy at Pasadena High, middle school robotics, 3D printing and virtual reality stations, and the new Math Academy that is radically accelerating mathematics instruction.
- And more…
We are making our schools and our community stronger. We couldn’t do it without you!
Here are our latest updates & stories.
My Experience Riding on the Rose Parade: My Life in Full Bloom
courtesy of Coloradoboulevard.net The morning of the 133rd Tournament of Roses parade was a reflection of my life in full bloom. By Felita Kealing On New Year’s Day morning I…
First Time in 17 Years – Thanks to You!
This New Year’s morning we woke up to something extra special! The Pasadena Unified All-Star Band marched in the 2022 Tournament of Roses Parade for the first time in 17…
We have Teacher Grant Decoration Winners!
During our Teacher Grant drive through parade, teachers were asked to decorate their cars for a chance to win a prize. Our teachers did not disappoint, which made it difficult…
A video message of gratitude from the PEF staff
We are so proud of all the work that we do at the Pasadena Educational Foundation, but know we can only do it with the support from our generous community.…
We Have Been PUSD Proud for Fifty Years!
So much has changed in the world around us in a short period of time — where we gather, how we work, and the new ways teachers teach and students…
2021 Year In Review: Your Support Made A Difference
As we wind down 2021, everyone at PEF is grateful for the support of our donors, volunteers, and partners. You have enabled us to do great things for our public…
Recognizing Our Champion Volunteers of 2021
The last few months have been a whirlwind of activity at Pasadena Educational Foundation, but we didn’t want to end the year without once again recognizing volunteers who helped us…
PTA Council of PUSD – Helping Us Show Our PUSD Pride
Our November/December Volunteer Partner of the Month is our very own PTA Council of PUSD. We are thankful to the council and each of its PTA units for supporting the…
Media Release: PEF Presents $200,000 in Grants to PUSD Teachers at Parade Celebration
More than 100 teachers joined the parade in decorated cars to receive their awards. [Photo gallery available 12/8] PASADENA, CA – Pasadena Unified (PUSD) teachers and principals received $200,000 in…
Help Our Schools Thrive!
With your support the Pasadena Educational Foundation helps to create a vibrant and enriching educational experience for all public school children in Pasadena, Altadena, and Sierra Madre.