PEF provides fundraising, accounting, and administrative support to every PUSD school’s Annual Fund. School Annual Funds are guided by the priorities of the individual school community and enable schools to more efficiently raise community dollars to meet immediate needs.
PEF assists the annual funds as:
- Fiscal Receiver: PEF receives deposits, logs donor information, ensures funds are dispersed according school agreement (stated purpose of fund and two signatures), provides statements to schools, and completes IRS tax reporting and donor letters. A 5% fee on the fund balance is charged for these services.
- Coach: PEF helps guide schools on how to structure an annual fund, shares examples of what other schools are doing, helps make connections with community members when possible, offers trainings as needed, and brings school needs to our grant writers to find other potential funding.
Annual Funds have been used for items like:
- Science lab equipment and materials.
- Music, visual, and arts programs.
- Library coordinators, computer learning specialists, and Spanish teachers.
- Playground upgrades, athletic equipment, and field trips.
- Robotics, STEM, and Arts clubs.
- Chromebooks, LCD projectors, 3D printer supplies, and educational software.
- Library books, supplemental teaching supplies, and AP materials.
If you’d like to donate to a specific school’s Annual Fund, please click here.