Make a real difference. You can help provide essential resources and enrichment opportunities to public school students in Pasadena, Altadena, and Sierra Madre.
Our volunteers donate time and expertise to support PEF and the initiatives of the Pasadena Unified School District… because they know great education lifts everyone up.
Who are our volunteers?
PEF volunteers are community members, PUSD parents, college students, high school students, realtors, business teams and associations who make a positive impact by doing good work right here in our own neighborhoods. Together, we are building a stronger community and you can, too.
- Help feed local families. Volunteer to prepare and distribute fresh produce from the Los Angeles Food Bank right here in Pasadena & Altadena monthly. Groups welcome. Learn more.
- Earn community service hours for graduation as a Youth Leader in our Summer Enrichment Program. Registration opens in late February and spaces are limited. Learn more.
- Read to an elementary class. Be a Read Across America volunteer reader in late Feb & early March. Various PUSD schools and dates are available. Learn more and sign up.
- Support graduating seniors! Be a Senior Defense Panelist at Pasadena High School in mid to late March. Participate on a panel of professionals and educators & give graduating seniors constructive feedback while learning more about their high school journeys. Spots are limited. Sign up today.
- Schedule a Garden Day for You & Your Friends – Volunteer to help our school gardens grow.
See our VOLUNTEER CALENDAR for all current opportunities.
Need more info on volunteering?
For information about custom corporate/group volunteer action days or volunteer service hours you may need for graduation, please email Nancy Carol Inguanzo, Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sorry, no event available currently. Please check back later.
Volunteer with PEF as…
Individuals volunteer their time and skills in our offices, for school programs, and at events throughout the year.
Groups of five or more volunteers representing a business, club, or other association can participate in team building one to two-day service projects at school sites such as school gardening, playground beautification and painting projects. Many hands make light work, and it’s great community visibility for your group.
Questions? Contact: Nancy Carol Inguanzo, email@example.com
“All of the volunteers were amazing and I am so thankful for their help. We packed all 850+ bags of food, sorted thousands of toys, and we even got done early. We are very blessed to be able to provide Christmas toys and food to so many families in need, but we could not do it without the help of our wonderful volunteers.” Jhoana Hirasuna, B.A. Director of Social Services
What Our Volunteers Say
"Well my experience has been great. The biggest impact is how much the little kids know so much Spanish. They have inspired me to learn Spanish just like them. I love how these kids are so smart! "- Jasmine Castro, Pasadena High SchoolThey Are So Smart!
"I’m having a great experience right now working with the kids. I’m like a teacher for them and they respect me. The main teacher is so nice with me that I don’t find the work hard. This is such a great experience. Thank you for the opportunity!" - Andrea Reconco, Blair High SchoolThank You For the Opportunity
"For me, it’s been a tremendous experience working with all the kids. Everyday I wake up looking forward to teaching them another lesson and having fun at the same time. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with a great teacher and some fabulous volunteers.” Michael Ayranian, Pasadena High SchoolHaving Fun & Teaching at the Same Time