Curbside Volunteers – Produce Distribution
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) is teaming up with the *Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to provide fresh produce to area families, thanks to funding from **CalFresh. This program will distribute produce from the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank alongside four of PUSD’s regular curbside meal pick-up sites. Meals and produce will be distributed solely for pick-up and are not consumed on site.
Distribution will take place at Altadena Elementary, Eliot Arts, Webster Elementary, and Jackson Elementary schools between 9 AM – Noon on the following days:
- Wednesday – January 27
- Tuesday – March 23
- Wednesday – May 26
**All volunteers help with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Anytime a person leaves their home, they increase their chance of exposure to COVID-19.**
- Only those who have not traveled and have no direct family/housemates who have traveled either internationally or domestically should volunteer.
- High school students aged 15 and up can serve with parental permission.
- Those with compromised immune systems – regardless of age – MAY NOT VOLUNTEER.
Details & Instructions:
- Arrive by 8:30 AM.
- Park in the school parking lot or on neighboring streets adhering to all parking signs.
- Report to the pop-up tent area. This varies per school site. You many need to drive around the school once to find it.
- PUSD staff will be at the pop-up tent area.
- Volunteers will bag and pass out produce to families who drive or walk up to the pick up area.
- Know meals are served to anyone who needs them – without restriction.
- All volunteers are required to wear face coverings. Please wear your own double-layered face covering, such as a bandana, scarf, or mask.
- Sterile serving gloves and aprons will be provided.
- Dress appropriately for outside weather. Sneakers and hats/caps are suggested.
- Discretion and the privacy of those receiving meals must be respected at all times.
Given safety protocols, we are asking for a specific number of volunteers. If you cannot make your shift, please let us know right away. Never volunteer if you are not feeling well. Cancel your shift.
Families are strongly encouraged continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site once meals have been distributed, wash hands often, sneeze or cough into a tissue, and stay home if you are sick.
*Banner image courtesy of LA Regional Food Bank.
**California’s CalFresh Healthy Living, with funding from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – USDA SNAP, produced this material. These institutions are equal opportunity providers and employers. For important nutrition information, visit www.CalFreshHealthyLiving.org.
Sign up to Volunteer
Click on an event to sign up. To refresh this list of opportunities click here.
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
Only those that agree may volunteer, as we do not have the bandwidth to monitor each volunteer agreement and assign duties accordingly. Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve. We appreciate your help and understanding.