Curbside Volunteers – Produce Distribution
Studies show that children learn better when they are well-nourished. We are calling on our public school families and community members to support the wellness of our children by volunteering to support our Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) efforts. PUSD FNS has teamed up with the *Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to provide fresh produce and USDA food boxes to area families, thanks to funding from **CalFresh. This program will distribute produce and shelf stable food from the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Meals and produce will be distributed solely for pick-up and are not consumed on site.
There are two ways you can help:
- Prep produce at the PUSD Warehouse from 9 AM – Noon. If you can help for a shorter time, please sign up and note what time you must leave. Thank you!
- Preparation dates:
- Pass out produce at school distribution sites.
- Distribution dates:
- Wednesday, September 28 – at Altadena, Eliot, Jackson, and Webster Elementary
- Distribution dates:
**All volunteers help with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Anytime a person leaves their home, they increase their chance of exposure to COVID-19.**
Volunteer Restrictions and Instructions:
- Volunteers must be able to lift heavy boxes of fruit and vegetables. Boxes are typical of CSA (community-supported agriculture) and depending on the fruits and vegetables offered, can weigh between 5 – 15 lbs.
- Arrive at the start of your shift.
- Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes.
- Please see the sign up page specifics.
We are asking for a specific number of volunteers. If you cannot make your shift, please let us know right away.
Never volunteer if you are not feeling well. Cancel your shift.
*Banner image courtesy of LA Regional Food Bank.
**California’s CalFresh Healthy Living, with funding from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – USDA SNAP, produced this material. These institutions are equal opportunity providers and employers. For important nutrition information, visit www.CalFreshHealthyLiving.org.
Sign up to Volunteer
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve.