Curbside Volunteers – Produce Distribution
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) has teamed up with the *Los Angeles Regional Food Bank to provide fresh produce and USDA food boxes to area families, thanks to funding from **CalFresh. This program will distribute produce and shelf stable food from the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Meals and produce will be distributed solely for pick-up and are not consumed on site.
There are two ways you can help:
- Prep produce at the PUSD Warehouse from 9 AM – Noon.
- Preparation dates:
- September 28
- October 26
- November 16
- December 14
- Preparation dates:
- Pass out produce at school distribution sites.
Sign ups are usually posted monthly.
**All volunteers help with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Anytime a person leaves their home, they increase their chance of exposure to COVID-19.**
Volunteer Restrictions and Instructions:
- Volunteers must be fully immunized for COVID-19 and be able to provide proof of vaccination.
- Volunteers must be able to lift heavy boxes of fruit and vegetables. Boxes are typical of CSA (community-supported agriculture) and depending on the fruits and vegetables offered, can weigh between 5 – 20 lbs.
- Arrive at the start of your shift.
- Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes.
- Please see the sign up page for preparation and distribution specifics.
We are asking for a specific number of volunteers. If you cannot make your shift, please let us know right away.
Never volunteer if you are not feeling well. Cancel your shift.
*Banner image courtesy of LA Regional Food Bank.
**California’s CalFresh Healthy Living, with funding from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – USDA SNAP, produced this material. These institutions are equal opportunity providers and employers. For important nutrition information, visit www.CalFreshHealthyLiving.org.
Sign up to Volunteer
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve.
Only those that are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 may volunteer in-person.