“Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!”
– Sitting Bull
Did you know there are 10 edible gardens at Pasadena Unified School District Schools that produce fruits and vegetables as part of the Farm to School Program? We need volunteer support to keep this community effort going.
PUSD gardens provide outdoor classroom space for students to learn and are managed by a full-time Master Gardener, who directly manages the work of our garden volunteers.
Produce grown in the organic school-community gardens is incorporated into school cafeteria offerings. Learn more.
What You’ll Do As A Garden Volunteer
- All around garden maintenance
- Special projects as determined by the PUSD Master Gardener
Volunteer Restrictions and Instructions:
- All volunteers must be fully immunized for COVID-19.
- Must be at least 15 to serve individually.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please wear comfortable clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, closed-toe shoes, and bring your own water.
- Wear sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Dress for the weather!
- Willingness to work hard.
- Bring and wear your own garden gloves, if possible.
- If you have your own favorite garden tools, please bring them. We have garden tools, too. Our tools are cleaned after each use.
Have a group? Schedule your own garden day. Contact NC Inguanzo, PEF Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.
Sign up to Volunteer
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve.
Only those that are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 may volunteer in-person.