COVID-19 Volunteer Response
With PUSD students remote learning, we are doing all we can to support them and our school community. Chip in and help out where you can. We will keep this page up to date with ways you can help. Together we can make a difference during challenging times.
Curbside Volunteers Needed
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) program is providing an opportunity for families to drive through and pick up meals for the children in their family at a number of school sites. Meals are provided for all children present in the car 18 years old and younger. This program is solely for the pick-up of meals and meals are not consumed on site.
Breakfast and lunch is provided between 9 a.m. -11 a.m., Monday through Friday, in the parking lot or bus lane at each participating school. This service is ongoing and is expected to last for the duration of school dismissals and the state’s Stay At Home mandates.
We are an essential, and what we are doing to provide meals and continuity of learning is essential, even with a stay home order.
**All volunteers help with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Anytime a person leaves their home, they increase their chance of exposure to COVID-19.**
**Those with compromised immune systems MAY NOT VOLUNTEER.**
- Only those who have not traveled and have no direct family/housemates who have traveled either internationally or domestically to areas highly-impacted by Covid-19 (China, Europe, Seattle, or New York City) should volunteer.
- Only those that between 19 and 64 years old may volunteer at this time.
Details & Instructions:
- Arrive by 8:45 AM.
- Park in the school parking lot or on neighboring streets adhering to all parking signs.
- Report to the pop-up tent area. This varies per school site. You many need to drive around the school once to find it.
- PUSD staff will be at the pop-up tent area. Tell them you’re a volunteer from PEF and are there to help with meals.
- Volunteers will pass out meal bags curbside to families who drive or walk up to the pick up area.
- Sterile serving gloves, hair nets, and aprons will be provided.
- Please wear your own face covering, such as a bandana, scarf, or mask.
- Dress appropriately for outside weather.
- Discretion and the privacy of those receiving meals must be respected at all times.
Please know we estimate the number of families we need to serve each day. Given the state mandate of no more than 10 people gathering at a time, we are asking for a specific number of volunteers. If you cannot make your shift, please let us know right away. We hope to use your time wisely, but this is uncharted territory. We ask all volunteers to be flexible and understanding.
Schools Offering Meals:
- Eliot Middle School
- Field Elementary
- Madison Elementary
- Muir High School
- Norma Coombs Elementary
- Wilson Middle School
Families are strongly encouraged continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site once meals have been distributed, wash hands often, sneeze or cough into a tissue, and stay home if you are sick.
Click on an event to sign up. To refresh this list of opportunities click here.
NOTE: All those who volunteer without registering as a volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
During this COVID-19 crisis, only those that agree may volunteer, as we do not have the bandwidth to monitor each volunteer agreement and assign duties accordingly. Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve. We appreciate your help and understanding.