The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) program is providing an opportunity for families to drive through and pick up meals for the children in their family at a number of school sites. This program is solely for the pick-up of meals and meals are not consumed on site.
Breakfast and lunch is provided between 9 a.m. -11 a.m., Monday through Friday, in the parking lot or bus lane at each participating school. This service is ongoing and will last all summer.
We are an essential, and what we are doing to provide meals and continuity of learning is essential, even with a stay home order.
**All volunteers help with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Anytime a person leaves their home, they increase their chance of exposure to COVID-19.**
- Only those who have not traveled and have no direct family/housemates who have traveled either internationally or domestically should volunteer.
- High school students aged 15 and up can now serve with confirmed parent permission.
- Those with compromised immune systems – regardless of age – MAY NOT VOLUNTEER CURBSIDE.
- Don’t meet these restrictions? Be a Good Vibes Volunteer.
Details & Instructions:
- Arrive by 8:45 AM.
- Park in the school parking lot or on neighboring streets adhering to all parking signs.
- Report to the pop-up tent area. This varies per school site. You many need to drive around the school once to find it.
- PUSD staff will be at the pop-up tent area. Tell them you’re a volunteer from PEF and are there to help with meals.
- Volunteers will pass out meals curbside to families who drive or walk up to the pick up area.
- Know meals are served to anyone who needs them – without restriction. Masks are recommended for all, but cannot be required of those receiving meals.
- All food service workers and volunteers are required to wear face coverings.
- Sterile serving gloves and aprons will be provided.
- Please wear your own face covering, such as a bandana, scarf, or mask.
- Dress appropriately for outside weather.
- Discretion and the privacy of those receiving meals must be respected at all times.
Given the state mandate of no more than 10 people gathering at a time, we are asking for a specific number of volunteers. If you cannot make your shift, please let us know right away. Never volunteer if you are not feeling well. Cancel your shift.
Volunteer at these schools for curbside meal service:
Families are strongly encouraged continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site once meals have been distributed, wash hands often, sneeze or cough into a tissue, and stay home if you are sick.
We are raising funds to safely distribute meals to families without transportation to the PUSD managed distribution sites.
Sign up to Volunteer
Click on an event to sign up. To refresh this list of opportunities click here.
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
Only those that agree may volunteer, as we do not have the bandwidth to monitor each volunteer agreement and assign duties accordingly. Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve. We appreciate your help and understanding.
In general, our busiest meal sites are Madison and Muir. Please consider helping there.