Applications are now open.
Project Aides for our Summer Program
Nature and Scope of Job
The Project Aide for the PEF Summer Enrichment Program monitors students assigned and supports the whole campus as needed. This position will support a nurturing and enriching environment that meets the mission of the Summer Enrichment Program and responds to student needs.
Providing a successful Summer Enrichment Program requires that all staff play a significant role in the educational and enrichment actives of the students. The Project Aide reports to, and works closely with, the Site Coordinator, who will determine the specific tasks and assignments. All summer staff positions should support and communicate effectively for program success.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The Project Aide shall:
- Be professional to ensure a high-quality program is delivered.
- Supervise children for their health, safety, and well-being.
- Use effective communication skills for addressing students, teachers, parents, and visitors.
- Make sound judgment calls in emergency situations, etc.
- Be creative and flexible with solutions as needed.
- Possess a genuine concern for the welfare of the students under their care.
- Take direction from the Site Coordinator.
- Defer continued behavior issues to the Site Coordinator, though do intervene with redirection and positive reinforcement when possible.
- Supervise students during snack and recess.
- Enforce COVID procedures, such as social distance guidelines, mask wearing, and assist with well student check in.
Hours: Onsite hours from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm Monday through Thursday from June 14 – July 15, 2021.
Locations: Throughout Pasadena, Altadena, and Sierra Madre on PUSD campuses.
Field Elementary, Jackson Elementary, Madison Elementary, McKinley Elementary, San Rafael Elementary, and Sierra Madre Middle School.
Project Aide will be paid an hourly rate of $16.25 per hour for the hours worked. Camp Instructors are non-exempt, part-time employees of the Pasadena Educational Foundation (PEF) and will not be eligible for benefits. Employment eligibility is contingent on verification and completion of W-4 and I-9 forms, and the outcome of your background check.