PEF Delivery Volunteers help us get important items to families, schools, or events and are needed for specific deliveries, typically on a quarterly basis. TEAMS of TWO people are encouraged to work together.
Drivers are needed to help us with summer meal deliveries and PUSD warehouse deliveries. Each delivery should take about 1.5 – 2 hours in total. We strongly encourage those who want to help with summer meal deliveries to sign up for the week. Doing so gives you a chance to learn the route and make a positive impact in our community.
Warehouse delivery volunteers must be strong enough to pick up boxes of books – no volunteers with previous back injuries, please!
Proof of insurance and a completed PEF Volunteer Personal auto use release is required.
What You’ll Do As A Delivery Volunteer
- Load up items in your car.
- Follow the route or directions provided by PEF.
- Drop items at the specific non-profits and/or family homes.
- Adhere to safe driving rules at all times.
- Must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- Be a strong driver! Adhere to normal safe driving rules. Absolutely no texting and driving.
- No previous back injuries. Be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Have a clean car – we want to make sure our deliveries are kept clean for our families!
- This is the perfect volunteer opportunity for a two person/family team.*
Covid – 19 Protocols:
- Masks required.
- Wear gloves. These can be provided by Pasadena Educational Foundation.
Questions? Contact Nancy Carol Inguanzo, Community Engagement & Volunteer Manager at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to email your completed to directly to her once you RSVP to volunteer.
Sign Up to Volunteer
Click on an event to sign up. To refresh this list of opportunities click here.
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.
Only those that agree may volunteer, as we do not have the bandwidth to monitor each volunteer agreement and assign duties accordingly. Please make sure you have read the release before you commit to serve. We appreciate your help and understanding.
Here’s a list of ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, including Deliveries:
Teams are strongly encouraged for deliveries. If you want to deliver meals to families, it is helpful to sign up for the entire week. Thank you!