Curbside Volunteers –
Step Up To Serve Partners
Thank you for volunteering with your group to help serve meals to families in need! Below are the details of your service.
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) program is providing an opportunity for families to drive through and pick up meals for the children in their family at a number of school sites. This program is solely for the pick-up of meals and meals are not consumed on site.
Breakfast and lunch is provided between 9 a.m. -11 a.m., Monday through Friday, in the parking lot or bus lane at each participating school.
**All volunteers help with the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Anytime a person leaves their home, they increase their chance of exposure to COVID-19.**
- Only those who have not traveled and have no direct family/housemates who have traveled either internationally or domestically should volunteer.
- Those with compromised immune systems – regardless of age – MAY NOT VOLUNTEER CURBSIDE.
- Arrive between 8:30 – 8:45 AM.
- Park in the school parking lot or on neighboring streets adhering to all parking signs.
- Report to the pop-up tent area. This varies per school site. You many need to drive around the school once to find it.
- PUSD staff will be at the pop-up tent area. Tell them you’re a volunteer and are there to help with meals.
- Volunteers will pass out meals curbside to families who drive or walk up to the pick up area.
- Know meals are served to anyone who needs them – without restriction. Masks are recommended for all, but cannot be required of those receiving meals.
- All food service workers and volunteers are required to wear face coverings.
- Sterile serving gloves and aprons will be provided.
- Please wear your own face covering, such as a bandana, scarf, or mask.
- Dress appropriately for outside weather.
- Discretion and the privacy of those receiving meals must be respected at all times.
- Never volunteer if you are not feeling well. Contact your group’s manager.
Here are the addresses for our meal sites. Your group has agreed to serve at one of them. Make sure you go to your designated school.
- Eliot Middle School – First District PTA
- Field Elementary – PFAR
- Madison Elementary – PEF
- McKinley – PFAR
- Muir High School – City of Pasadena
- Norma Coombs – Young & Healthy
- Wilson Middle School – Young & Healthy
We are raising funds to safely distribute meals to families without transportation to the PUSD managed distribution sites.
THANK YOU FOR SERVING YOUR COMMUNITY
NOTE: All those who volunteer agree to our standard Indemnity Waiver, Medical and Photo Release by default.