Supporting Our Schools Makes a Real Impact
Pasadena Educational Foundation harnesses the power of our committed community to help to raise between $12 and $15 million dollars a year for the Pasadena Unified School District. Those funds include large government grants, foundation grants, and individual donations, which together help us support myriad essential programs from the large to the small. Some programs are run by PEF, others by PUSD, and still others represent various levels of partnership. From the smallest Friendship Bench to the largest Magnet Program, PEF works with our community partners to impact every student, every school, every day!
With support from our community, this year we:
- Raised millions in grant money for our schools, including the $14.5 million Federal Magnet Grant.
- Helped PUSD to integrate arts education at every grade level through grants from the Rothenberg Art Fund and Tony Bennett’s Exploring the Arts Foundation.
- Piloted the middle school performing arts program, Open Stage serving 300 students at 5 schools with a $79,500 NEA Grant.
- Led 9,000 students on a cultural and artistic journey through 11 of our local world class museums with our My Masterpieces program.
- Helped start TK-2 early education dance and theatre programs with integrated arts curriculum through the second grade.
- Awarded 129 Teacher and Site-wide Grants to 150 teachers and 14 principals totaling more than $200,000.
- Provided transportation for approximately 300 class field trips for thousands of students through our Field Trip Fund.
- Assisted in securing buses to take every third grader to learn water safety and swimming skills in the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center’s PUSD swim program.
- Bolstered access to healthy living resources by supporting four Healthy Start Family and Community Centers.
- Provided scholarships to 40% of our Summer Enrichment Program students.
- Distributed more than $50,000 in college scholarships.
- Secured $25,000 to provide summer internship stipends for 130 high school students.
- Supported each school’s Annual Fund efforts which collectively raised over $700,000.
- Developed the nationally recognized Realtor Initiative to partner with our community’s realtors to disseminates accurate information about our public schools.
- Expanded the School-Community Gardens to include 19 beautiful edible gardens and outdoor classrooms, including a master gardener and farm to table programs.
- Developed and incubated inventive STEM programs, such as the App Academy at Pasadena High, middle school robotics, 3D printing and virtual reality stations, and the new Math Academy that is radically accelerating mathematics instruction.
- And more…
We are making our schools and our community stronger. We couldn’t do it without you!
Here are our latest updates & stories.
On Wednesday, May 17 at Sierra Madre Middle School 200 PUSD middle school students showcased their robotics skills at this year’s space-exploration-themed competition, Robo Rally 2017: “ROVE!”. PUSD students built and…
The PEF award-winning program My Masterpieces that is offered to all PUSD students (K-6) starts with a field trip to Kidspace Children’s Museum for Kinder students. They are met by an educator that tours…
“Partnering with Pasadena Educational Foundation’s My Masterpieces Program allows The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens to increase its reach within the diverse community of Pasadena. We remain…